Animals dont have a voice and this wonderful charity, run by wonderful people, is a small and effective charity. They fund key projects in Africa and Asia working to save critically endangered mammals in the wild.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation supports a range of innovative, vital and far-reaching projects throughout Africa and Asia, achieving real results for wildlife survival by:
- sending undercover agents into the field to investigate illegal wildlife crime, training and supplying anti-poaching patrols
- establishing nature reserves and other protected areas
- working with governments to establish conservation laws and regulations
- educating wildlife consumers about the plight of the animals they ‘use’
- teaching young people about endangered wildlife through art and school projects
You can donate directly on their website or buy their art. I have one of their peices hung up in my sitting room bought as a present from my partner. Everytime i look at it, it fills me with love, pride and reminds me why this foundation is so wonderful.
With credit to: http://www.davidshepherd.org , accessed 18/10/2015.
Operation South America (OSA) is a British registered charity, currently operating in Paraguay and officially registered there too. They operate on Christian principles but are non-denominational in character. The work is financed by supporters in UK and run by a small team of volunteers
This operation feeds and natures over 70 children from very poor families most school days, and considering ill be trying to earn and find my own food along the journey, I am so excited to be able to give back to help feed little children with hungry tummies. Another incredible point is that they run a home for 20 girls from broken or abused backgrounds, aged between 3-17 which is recognised by the Paraguayan Ministry for Children as ‘an outstanding example’
- Run a Toy Library for children in the local area
- Support learning to ensure the girls from the home do well at school
- Teach basic skills in needlework
- Show the children of Quyquyhó how to play and have fun
- Outreach in local towns and villages
But don’t take my word for it, check out who they are and their amazing work on their website http://www.operationsouthamerica.org/
So PLEASE donate to this charity! I physically can’t think of a more worthy cause for your pennies.